Brain Injury and Marijuana
Hi.  I too have suffered from a brain injury.  It happened 3 years ago.   At first I was put into an induced coma (to stop the swelling of my brain).  I came out of it not able to speak, walk, or control my emotions.  Now, three years later I am able to walk, run, play basketball, my emotions are under control, and speak.  Now, three years later, I want to start smoking pot again.  I feel I should be able to do this.  I want to do this.  But, my wife doesn't want me to.   Before my brain injury I smoked all the time and she knew and accepted it.  No, she is reticent about my smoking.  Does anyone have any links or medically sound proof that will convince her that occasionally lighting up would do me no harm?   Thank you for your time
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Whether, you have head injury or not, it is never too wise to smoke weed or marijuana. Since it crosses blood brain barrier it can result in impaired perceptions and coordination, difficulty in thinking, learning, concentrating and problem solving, and memory will become poor. In a setting of head injury of the magnitude you face this can result in confusion regarding whether the symptoms if they appear are due to past injury or due to weed. Hence it is advisable not to smoke weed.
We normally do not provide links. In your case, I am making an exception as I feel it will really benefit you in the long run: http://drugabuse.gov/infofacts/marijuana.html Listen to your wife ): She deserves this after the shock of your injury! Take care!
hi bataille
i had a tbi similar 2 yers
3mos coma then when i woke up, i couldnt walk/talk due 2 my rite side having xtreme muscle tension
i sumtimes laff or cry inappropriately
therapy aint workin cuz my muscle tension wont diminish
plz reply n tell me wut u did 2 rehab?
thnx
LC