Broken cheekbone & nose
I recently went to a chiropractor who specializes in upper cervical adjustments. He took x-rays of my head from several different angles & upon viewing the x-rays asked me if I had ever broken anything. I said, "Not that I know of." Then he pointed to a thick black line in the x-ray that spanned the right cheekbone ( lateral to medial ) and up the right side of the nose.  For the life of me, I can't remember any trauma that could cause that type of injury.  I have had pain in that area off and on for years but just figured it was sinus infection which I had become somewhat prone to. I also had an incident about 7 yrs ago (recovering from cold/flu) when I bent over I heard a crackley sound in that area and felt a shift. There was some pain but again I thought it was from the cold/flu. My question is, if I've had this for so long, why hasn't it healed?
It has healed. The line is abnormal density from bone growth.
Thanks for the reply caregiver222.  I thought thicker densities of tissue & specifically bone showed up as white ( the thicker it is the more white it is on an xray)?  The line was black & pretty precise. No thick edges where old bone healed with new bone growth  And there is still pain in that area.  Do I have it mixed up?