Bump on the head!
My 4 year old was playing on Aug.10 and fell and hit his forhead.  He had a big bump on it.  I was going to take him to the doctor, but my sister-n-law who is a nurse said it would go down the next morning.  The bump went down alot by the next morning.  This morning he told me that that one spot hurts.  There is still a little bump there.  Should I be worried since its been a week in a half?

The bump which had formed on the forehead of your son was a small hematoma.The forehead and scalp in children have abundant blood supply.So in case of injury,there is bleeding under the skin.When it becomes localized to one area,it causes a swelling and is called a hematoma.

Usually the hematoma goes away in a few days,skin discoloration may take one to two weeks for healing.Apply ice or cold compresses to the swelling and look out for any vomiting,headache,seizures or unconsciousness.If present,then it is a cause of concern and should be evaluated by a pediatrician.
Hope it helps.

Take care and pls do keep us posted on how your son is doing.