Buzzing Head and Facial Numbness
My 36 year old wife has been dealing with an issue with her head for a year now.  She describes her pain/discomfort as a sort of buzzing at the top of her head along with the feeling of pressure in her head which she best describes as the feeling of that her head is going to explode.  8 months ago she went through spinal fusion on several of her cervical discs within the C4-5 area which was thought to be the cause of some of her discomfort.  Unfortunately, there was no relief at all for her symptoms.  Recently she has begun to feel numbness in the nasal/upper mouth region of her face.  She has had two CT/MRI scans and nothing can be located in terms of physical issues with her head.  She has tried alternative medicines(chiro, accupuncture, etc.) in hopes of some relief, but nothing has had longterm effects.  She has even continued to try to use some pain medications in hopes of providing some relief, but none have provided even a temporary break from her discomfort.  We continue to pursue resolution through our medical group, but to this point there does not seem to be any cause for her health issue.  I should point out that we have tried to identify the point at which her issues started and only two things happened just prior to her issue onset.  1) She had a bad cold/nasal infection which required antibiotics to help alleviate, and 2) she had a car door slam into the back of her head which hurt but did not render her unconscious or any follow up pain.  Any direction you could provide would be helpful as my wife has begun indicating that she is "unable to tollerate" the pain much longer.

Numbness around the nose and lips could be due to fibromyalgia, anxiety attacks, or even due to hyperventilation. It is very difficult to pin point the exact diagnosis without examination. Please discuss these possibilities with your treating doctor and seek his opinion. Do keep us posted!
Check out this story!  

http://www.rawandjuicy.com/shelly.html