Cat Scan after being hit in the head
i was hit in the head last sunday night with a fist,on this past thursday i went and had a cat scan and it turned out fine,i was just sitting here now its saturday will be a week tommmorow since being hit and i swear i feel a knot on my head now that wasnt there i have been under alot of stress so maybe i just never noticed the knot i mean since the cat scan showed nothing i have to be alright ,right,,,could a bump develop like a week later and after a cat scan shows my head is ok
Nice to here from you again. An MRI and CT scan are not definite ways of detecting problems. I am now found with eye, ear, & brain difficulties even after the tests showed nothing initially. Concussion was evident as mostly is as a result of symptoms or signs, if that better helps. Four weeks later tests still showed no signs. Mine though was severe(amnesia,dizziness,vertigo,tinnitus,head pressure, mood alterations,double vision,nausea,constant head pressure) and the preceding were some of the signs, yet tests initially showed fine. Glad to see you did go to the doctor, continue with follow-up. If you are bleeding the scan should have picked that up but, many times an initial scan does not see what is really there. Many doctors will tell you for instance that a hair line fracture was never picked up in the first scan. Im am now be treated by a team of neuro specialists and the more intricate tests have finally uncovered serious difficulties. I'm not trying to scare you but, a bump on the head that develops way after the episode is not a good sign. It could be a fracture or internal bleeding, follow this up with your doctor. Take care of yourself,

Daniel