Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Concussion Issues

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Concussion Issues

I suffered a concussion exactly one week ago, long story short, I was kneeling in front of the fridge and my wife closed the freezer door above my head. I stood up full force and the back of my head met the bottom of the door. I did not lose consciousness, but it did knock me back to my knees. I went to the ER and the Dr ordered a head CT. 3 different Dr's (resdient, attending and radiologist) all said the scan was clear and the attending said that I could have symptoms (headache, dizziness, nausea, balance issues) anywhere from 7 to 10 days and that I should follow up with my family Dr in a week or so. I worked from home all last week and it took until last Friday for the "fog" to clear in my head to where I felt somewhat "normal" again. Starting Saturday I was experiencing tingling sensations at the top of my head and today I have noticed if I am up and moving around too much I have discomfort and pain at the back of my head and directly behind my ears. It almost feels like pressure from a sinus headache or like my ears want to "pop". If I lay down and rest for a while it goes away. Now something that really baffles/concerns me is that normally I have borderline high blood pressure (I take 20 mg lisinopril/prinvil once a day) that runs in the 130/80-130/90 range on average (140/80 to 160/90 before I started taking medication). The past few days my blood pressure has been REALLY low by my bodys standards, in the 110/60 range and I can never remember it ever being that low.

Needless to say I am going to contact my family Dr first thing in the am for a follow up visit, but is there anything I should concerned about/address with my Dr? Any questions I should ask or requests I should make as far as treatment?  I understand that healing from a concussion can be a long process and that no 2 people are alike. But as I stated before this is starting to concern me and I am sure that the stress/worrying about it does not help my situation. I appreciate any advice given and Thank You Very Much for taking the time to read this/reply to this post.