Concussion with Retrograde Amnesia not doing well
Hi everyone, nearly a month ago, I fell and hit the back of my head on ice. I was dx with a concussion & retrograde amnesia. I had severe neck and back pain as well.  I was hospitalized for 2 days. Now, with the help of physical therapy my neck and back are finally beginning to loosen up.  

I am worried about the long term effects of having a concussion. Not only can I not remember 80% of that day, I am also frequently losing my train of thought, having trouble with words, acting very impulsively, having trouble hearing (everything is either too loud or not loud enough), trouble reading & focusing, dizziness, and mood swings. I find myself leaving notes for myself to help me stay on track.

Yesterday, I experienced a severe headache, nausea, hearing loss, and difficulty hearing that I described to my family as being the same as how I felt when I was hospitalized.  I am very scared because most of the details that I have written were obtained from my families input. And it is taking me quite some time to post this.  I have a neurological follow-up scheduled, but I am concerned because my intellect, emotional state, & career are in jeopardy.  

Has anyone had such an injury and returned to normal life? If so, how long did it take?  Please Help!!!!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Get a MRI of brain and upper spine and consult a neuro=psychiatrist/psychologist to assess the situation. Based on the results of these tests some assignments, vitamin supplements, yoga techniques, memory games etc can be tried to improve memory.
Hope this helps. Take care!
Thank you,