Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Concussion?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Concussion?

I was intoxicated and fell back...my head hit first then the rest of my body. i did not black out and felt relatively fine. however, I had a headache. WHen i woke up this morning, my neck was hurting. I felt "fuzzy". But other than that and my neck, I feel fine.

I am worried about having a concussion or some type of brain bleeding. Should i go to the doctor?

I understand people think I should have went to the doctor immediately but I know people who have had concussions and they are fine.
144586_tn?1284669764
You need to go to an ER. There is always the chance of cervical injury when there is sudden neck flexure. An x-ray is in order. A female physician at a hospital I once worked for (the head of the ER) once fell backwards in the parking lot, ignored the incident (she stated the fall was not that serious) and three weeks later found out she had a fractured cervical vertebra. Fortunately there were no long-term effects. Another potential side effect is a so-called subluxion (or whiplash) injury, which will cause pain and discomfort developing six to nine months after the incident. There could be a brain bleed. Unlikely, but possible. A very close friend of mine fell on the ice, insisted he was fine, and six hours later, after I made sure he went to an ER they conducted an MRA and found that he was indeed bleeding in the skull and admitted. Many people fall and have no long-lasting effects, but it is best not to take a chance and obtain an in-person evaluation at an ER immediately after such an accident.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...