Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Csf leak

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Csf leak

My husband had a bad head injury 5 yrs ago. It left him with a csf leak.. Friday night he went to the car and bent over to pick something up and got dizzy and just didn't feel right. He then started walking and everything was just going around.He grabbed ahold of the building and barely made it to the front door to where i was inside and he didn't know anything. ( He couldn't talk and his eyes were dilated as big as they could be.We sat him in a chairand called the ambulance, his color was pale yellowish, He would try to stop breathing and try to close his eyes and i would tell him to breathe and open his eyes.When the emt got there he could talk but his speech was spured. His Bp was a little high but not bad blood surgar ok, ... he said he was leaking spinal fluid pretty bad all day long. What do you think happened? He felt weak for the last couple of days, but we are keeping him drinking tea and mt dew. I need help. He suffers so bad with his face numb but on fire, we know he has nerve damage, it crushed his face and fractured his head in 9 places. he had a 2400 pound safe  fell on his head. We are BLESSED to have him here. Thank you for your help !
please read the statement above of mine please
Who/what kind of Dr. do you have helping you? My husband has had a similiar experience, I feel the Dr.'s do not care or feel he is faking it. One Dr. even went so far to say his pain medications were causing all of his problems. Please give me any advice you can. I am at a loss and losing bits of my husband everyday. They said it would get better, it hasn't. We have a three year old who I suspect will never know her real Father. If you know of a specialist who can help, will you please reply.