Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Drugged at a bar??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Drugged at a bar??

I think I may have been drugged. This weekend I went out with friends and had two drinks. I'm a healthy 27 year old woman and two drinks barely gives me a buzz. I made it home, thank god, before the symptoms hit me. In the middle of the night, I woke up to an unbearable dry throat. I lay there for a while trying to create saliva and was unable to. I tried to sit up but it felt like I was covered in cement. I had to grab the blankets to pull myself to a seated position. When I was sitting up, I collapsed immediately due to severe double vision, shakiness, and wavering. I laid on the bed, trying to get my vision to clear by looking at a stationary object for several minutes while my head swayed back and forth. I needed water so bad! I tried to move my legs to stand and immediately fell to the ground. I had nearly no control of my body. I inched my way toward the bathroom, trying to pull myself along the carpet by wiggling my body. It probably took me 20 minutes to go 6 feet. Every time I moved, I had to stop, regather myself, and really think hard about how to do something as simple as moving my right arm.
I finally got to the bathroom and after working myself up, I tried several times to stand using the counter to pull myself up. I had no arm strength and my hand kept slipping and I kept falling to the  floor.
I finally got a hold of the inside of the sink and got close enough to get a glass and get some water. I drank as much as I could and then had to get back to bed. I dragged myself again, inch by inch and made it back, shaking, scared, and out of breath, and I fell asleep.
I woke up a few hours later and felt nauseous. I couldn't move again so I rolled over and threw up on the floor. It was just the water I had drank earlier.
I've been hungover before, but I'd have to drink a lot more than two drinks to get sick, and I wasn't even sick really, just almost paralyzed and my equilibruim was so messed up. I felt better a few hours later--still foggy headed and a little shakey (shaky), but overall I was ok.

This same exact thing happened to me a few years ago also. Similar circumstances also. At a bar with friends, two drinks.

Do you know what may have happened to me?
It sounds like you were drugged. Sounds like Rophanal. I would think carefully about who you were with. Many bars have 24/7 recording video cameras. I would have called 911 and the police. I would still go to the police and make a report. The chances are someone has done this more than once. It may be the bartender, if not one of your "friends". Meanwhile do an internet arrest search on your "friends".