Episodes of nausea and vomiting 2,5 years after TBI
My daughter had a closed head injury in April of 2006, it was very bad and she was in induced coma for 3 weeks.
She recovered very well - finished university and doesn't have any headaches. However, her attention span had decreased, sleep pattern is mixed and since May 2008 (two years after the the car accident and acquired brain injury) she experiences episodes of nausea and vomiting. Most of the times they are triggered by luck of area (stuffed room), smell of food in the restaurants, after having coffee, heat. When it happens she asks me to open the windows even in the winter time or runs out of the restaurant (it doesn't happen every time). The symptoms remind of morning sickness during the pregnancy, but she is not pregnant for sure, and in addition it is 9 months already since she has these symptoms. She doesn't have any visual, balance or other symptoms during these episodes.
What might be the cause of it?
Sorry, I am no doctor but by the information you provided, i think you should seriously consider revisiting your neurologist/ surgeon/ doctor, it may be something serious considering it happened for 9 months already.

I hope you daughter recovers well