Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Fatigue, Sensory overload, staring help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Fatigue, Sensory overload, staring help

Please read my About Me first because my question is a continuance from that.
So I have been doing biofeedback and it was really helping me out. A few months back something went wrong. The person doing the treatment (call this person Jill) said it was just another side effect of a TBI but then was also worried that I had a small stroke. The thing is it’s been almost 10 years and I have never had anything like this. After my treatment I had no idea where I was, couldn't figure right from left, and was exhausted more than I had ever been before. I instantly went back to Jill to see if she could help me. She hooked me up to the biofeedback machine and did something, so now I can at least think properly; I know where I am, so I’m back to where I was before except for a few things. If I am in a car or on the bus now I have a hard time concentrating on my surroundings.  I stare at stuff as we drive past and sometimes I have a hard time breaking the stare. I don’t know how to explain this next part but Jill said it is sensory overload. There are so many things going on around me that my brain can’t handle it so I get fatigued. I also think I have double vision. It isn’t to the point where I have a hard time seeing but it seems like I have it a little. It seems to tie into the staring at thing. I also have random bouts of fatigue.  I can’t drive, I can’t work, well I could but not for a long time and I also know I would get confused if I had to deal with cash and customers. I do go to college which is alright if I know what I am doing.
I really need/want to get better. I really don’t want to spend the rest of my life like this. My TBI has wasted the last 10 years of my life by not having a life and not being able to do anything.  I want to be able to drive and want to be able to work so If anyone can help me, knows of a solution to any of my problems, or any help that can point me in the right direction, please reply to this. Thank You!