Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Fell and hit me head

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Fell and hit me head

Hi, 12 days ago I fell and hit my eyebrow bone real hard and it immediatley swelled up and out pretty far. since then I've had 2 black eyes and the 'Knot" on my eyebrow bone is still there and sticks out pretty good yet. Is there any way to speed up this healing process? By the way I did have a CT scan when it happenend and it was fine. I still have small bruiseing under my eyes thats almost gone...I look like frankenstein though!! Doesnt hurt just kinda mushy to the touch. Any help would be great!
Welcome to the forum!
First of all relax! I know it looks horrible but it is normal. Below the skin there is a common space extending from your forehead to your cheek. Hence if you have a bump on your forehead, the water, blood and chemicals and cells that collect as a result move to lower areas like your eyelids, cheek etc. The color changes that occur are also normal. The redness turns to reddish blue tinge and then yellowish depending on the stage of healing.
There is nothing much you can do to hasten healing. You can apply cold compress and if there is swelling and pain take OTC anti-inflammatory drugs.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!