HEAD INJURY
My question is complicated so I have to leave alot out, but here goes I went to see a Neurologist a few weeks after being T-BONED by a lady doing around 70mph was knocked out cold. I have internal issues complete spine and head injury. Why would a Neurologist send me over to a hospital to get a EEG FOR PSYCHOSIS NOS ASLEEP & AWAKE. When he told my wife that I was getting EEG FOR SEIZURES?. Is there any reason to start with a EEG that was for psychosis nos. What would be a appropriate EEG for this accident?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Since your doctor has ordered EEG FOR PSYCHOSIS NOS ASLEEP & AWAKE, he is suspecting a non organic sleep disorder (NOS). IT is possible that you have symptoms of post traumatic stress, psychosis or have nightmares, or are extremely fatigues, suffering memory issues etc. While this may be done, it will capture any seizure also—or it could just have been said because generally EEGs are done for seizures.
Please confirm with your neurologist. Take care!