Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Hair loss after head injury

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Hair loss after head injury

My son fell on a table and hit the back of his head on the corner pretty hard.  There was a bump there for a good 2 months.  Now no hair grows on that place on his head.  Should I be concerned?

April Sackman
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If no hair is growing back, then there must be injury to the hair roots which generate the hair. Yes, if the bump is not healing and hair is not growing back, then consult his pediatrician for an examination. Though brain may not be involved, and it is more likely to be a scalp injury, it needs to be examined for infection and collection of blood.
Hope this helps. Take care!
Hi I am just 13 year old boy, Just Last month i had an head injury because of and motorcycle accident, then my head was badly fractured , so i got an head operation. After a month of my my operation my hair started falling. I am so worried about it.so i have some question to throw you. i am going to be bald?,,, is this nothing to be worried about?.....and lastly Whats the cause of this situation ?

PLSS. ANSWER MY QUESTION ??

its so importanticon_biggrin.gif