Head Injury and Fever
A day ago, while playing with my younger brother, he slipped and hit his head on a door-frame, hard enough to cause a bump and swelling. We placed ice on the bump, and it went down, and, of course, he complained of headaches. So, we gave him Children's Motrin.
Now, he had been sick the day before, and he was recovering the day of the accident. But, both the same day and day after, I check his forehead and he seamed feverish. He complained of just not feeling good, not only in his head, but in his stomach as well. That has been a recent bout of fevers and all around illness in the schools around here, but still, I thought he would have been feeling better by now.
I assumed at first that he's still sick and he just had a headache to top it off. But I'm beginning to get worried.  Please, can anyone give me some advice, or let me know if this is more (or less) serious then it really seams? He's my little brother, and, although I believe that little boys will get bumps and bruises and they we'll recover, I am honestly extremely worried.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Normally little boys will recover. How old is your brother? A bump can form in the scalp—a contusion which will heal with time. Does he have any other symptoms like vomiting, nausea, vision problems, balance problems, gait problems? However one cannot ignore any head injury. Hence get him examined by his pediatrician once. It could be his gut flu. However do not ignore the symptoms.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Thank you, it did!
Though I'm not comfortable telling my brother's age over the internet (fear of pedophiles, sorry :( ), he is under ten. We made sure to watch him, and he didn't exhibit any of these symptoms.

We took him to the doctor this morning. Turns out that he's just sick, and they gave him some medicine to take.
Thank you so much for your response, though. I will keep it close to mind, in any future cases (because with little boys, you know there will always be another one :D !)