Head feels heavy and eyes are tired always..
For the past few weeks or a month I have been noticing something weird. My head feels really heavy like one part of the area back of my head and top. I don't know how to describe it but it def feels heavy...and my eyes are always tired no matter how much sleep I get..usually 6-7 or 8 hours is more than enough even so, my eyes are tired. Also, back in May I have experienced really bad dizziness all of sudden 2-3 times as well. So, I'm kind of confused as to what's going on?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
There are two or three possibilities for a heavy headed feeling with tired eyes and dizziness. The symptoms could be due to compression of the spinal nerves in the cervical spine region. This can happen due to overuse of computers, work involving straining of neck, herniated disc, canal stenosis, bone disease, spondylosis, poor posture etc. A MRI of the cervical spine and nerve conduction studies may be required. The second possibility is a high BP. Hence get your blood pressure checked. TMJ is another possibility. If you have been out in sun a lot or drink less of fluids then it can also be due to electrolyte imbalance or dehydration. Benign intracranial hypertension also causes dizziness with headache and a spinal tap is confirmatory. It can be a migraine attack too. If all this is ruled out then it can also be a sleep disturbance causing heavy headedness and tired eyes and dizziness could be due to not getting enough of proper sleep.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination and if need be referral to a neurologist or a sleep specialist. Take care!
Dear Dr. Kokil Mathur, I have the same symptoms of Mr. MaZx .i.e heavy headed feeling with tired eyes and dizziness for last 1 month. 1 year back I was diagnosed for  compression of the spinal nerves in the cervical spine region. What next steps I can take to cure this disease of dizziness and heavy head sleepy eyes. Thanks in advance. Kind Regards, Binu.
I feel my head heavy especially the left side of the head. sometimes in order to support it, I have to tilt it to the right.
Hey! I am a young guy, 21 years old and i have been having the fimiliar promblems with my health over the last weeks, heavy-headedness, eyes tired, cant sleep properly. So it started about a 2weeks ago, after a night out with friends, had few drinks, had a good time, when suddenly i couldnt sleep the day after, and after, when one day, studying for my history class i felt super tired, and almost fainted.Before this happened, everyday i felt like little bit out of condition. I also train very hard, 4-5 times a week boxing combined with weight training. One day when i was lifting weights i pulled my lower back and still to this day i feel that spot being just weird. Can this be the reason ? Also during the week i felt little bit better day by day, one day i couldnt feel my back pain anymore. Some days after this i had some drinks with me mates and usually after drinking i get no bad hangovers or that sort of stuff, but now, again i feel heavy headed and tired, and my back pain is pack. ALSO before this i was in super good health, and now i feel tired and ****
thank you thats very helpful
I played games at a stretch and I have been facing this problem since.
So, I think my heavy headed feeling and tiredness are due to heavy use of computer. Now do I have to consult a doctor? or this would pass automatically?