Head injuries in relation to scuba-diving.
I suffered a moderate-severe head injury just over a year ago and I would like to know what specific tests I can have done to ensure I am ok to scuba-dive.
I am an instructor but even though I have had a medical sign-off to say it is ok for me to dive again, I am unwilling to put other divers at risk if I do not know my own.
I am aware that my risk of seizure is increased, but I do not know if there are any ways of testing to find out a percentage or level of risk.
I am asking lots of people and getting nowhere, so I hope you can help.
Don't assume just because you have had a severe head injury your risk of a seizure has increased. There are many military pilots who have been returned to duty in single-pilot aircraft after such injuries. You might want to ask the Navy for comment, especially if you are practicing mixed gas-diving.
Thanks for the response. I will try to contact the Navy for further advice. It would still be great to know what tests I could have though.