Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Head injury
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Head injury

Yesterday at about 4:00 pm an eleven pound slide projection fell from a shelf about two and a half feet from about and struck me mid to front of the top of my head.  This was followed by about four other five pound items striking me in the same place. I was stunned and felt like I blacked out for seconds followed by slightly blurred vision for seconds. I was able to have a coherent conversation but felt fuzzy. I applied ice to the top of my head and there is no swelling. There does appear to be an indentation in my mid to front skull where the object struck me. As the objects fell, I tucked my chin in and put my head down. It is now morning. I do not have a headache. There is tenderness at the site. I feel slightly nauseas.  I can hear my heartbeat in my left ear but this symptom occurred a few days prior to the object falling.  
I feel a slight pressure at the top of my head. My fear is that there may some internal bleeding or a clot but do not want to go to the emergency room or doctor unnecessarily.  Should I seek medical attention? I do not want to underact or overact.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
144586_tn?1284669764
Yes. You need to be in an emergency room as of five minutes ago.

Death is forever.

You have a concussion, as evidenced by your nausea.

Your brain is swelling.

Sometimes there are no long term affects.

Sometimes you end up a vegatable.

GO TO AN ER!
Blank
Are you a doctor?  I will go to the emergency room if you feel I should. I have eaten all day and not vomited. I do not have a headache and the site where I was hit in the head is not bruised or swollen.  It is more than 24 hours since my injury. Should I still go to the emergency room?  If you are a doctor and say I should go, I will.  I don't even meet the medical criteria for a catscan, do I?
Blank
Can I get a second opinion from one of the doctors? I am not nauseas any more and I have eaten food without getting sick.  Basically, my head is sore at the site of the injury and I have no headache or dizziness. I am slightly anxious.  Won't the doctors in the emergency room think it is odd that I am there?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...