Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Headache + Stomach Ache + Seizure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Headache + Stomach Ache + Seizure

My cousin was rushed to the hospital after a seizure. We were travelling to our province for Christmas eve. While travelling, we played some games on the iPad which we took turns. Later, he gave up on playing and handed over the iPad so I could continue the game. He didn't tell us that he already had a headache during that time. Then it was followed by a stomach pain. After that, he told us to look at his hands which was starting to harden and he could not control it. He looked pale. Then his hands started shaking, then his entire body. While seizing, he is conscious and he can answer to our questions, although his teeth were clenched. The doctor said it is a symptom of tetanus, but he had no wound whatsoever. She suggested to have an EEG (that hospital had no EEG because it's just a small hospital at the province). We're scheduling him to have a checkup tomorrow. But for additional information, I'd like to see some opinions about the symptoms. What could this be? We can't take any chances of misdiagnosis.

Additional Information:
Patient's Age: 20 years old
History:
*Head injury (when he was still a kid, due to playing.)
*No history of epilepsy or any seizure
*Travel Sickness (he had to chew Mentos while travelling. It seemed to work for him than other travel sickness medicine)
*Sometimes unable to pay attention

Thanks.
Hi!
If it was just motion sickness, then a high or low blood pressure, a migraine attack, or a visual stimuli or stress as a part of motion sickness can trigger a seizure.
Some cases of travel sickness or stomach infection can result in seizure. Generally it is due to a viral infection of the gut. If he was having loose motion or vomiting, then the seizure could also be due to electrolyte imbalance.
Since I cannot examine your friend and know other related conditions he may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!