Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Headpain/weird sensation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Headpain/weird sensation

I'm not sure how to explain this. I have trouble explaining to my doctor as well.

Every month it never fails that I get this weird sensation in the back of my head, it feels like static electricity feeling. I can hear it make noises when it happens (no one else can). Once this starts the following day I get extreme headaches along with nausea and vomiting at time. Hot flashes and sometimes I get this feeling That nothing feels real that its a dream, and I have trouble making sense. I once was having a conversation with my mother on the phone and then one of these "spells" came on (they happen about 6-10 times a day) and I randomly started talking about the Super Mario bros as if I knew them.

I have gone for all kinds of tests CT scans, blood work etc.... I've been put on different medications for "migraines" all that does is take the headache away, the other symptoms still remain. When they happen it takes EVERYTHING out of me and the only thing I want to do is sleep so they go away. Its affecting me at work and I'm just really tired of NOT knowing what is wrong with me:( .

I am a 23 year old Female. These have been happening for over 7 years now.
Don't get offended or upset, but myabe you should get some spiritual counseling. I went through something like that, but it didn't last 7 years. I could not have tolerated it for 7 years.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
One possibility is that the sounds you hear are aura of migraine. You will need to try medications that prevent a migraine attack. Also not all medicines suit everyone. The medicine that best suits you can only be found by trial and error. The other possibility is that it is tinnitus or hearing a sound which is actually not there. There are many medical causes for tinnitus. Besides loud noises, other causes include severe head trauma, sinus and respiratory infections, ear infections, wax build-up, high blood cholesterol, food allergies, certain types of tumors and a long list of other conditions.
Other possible causes of tinnitus have their origin in either your ear (Ménière's disease, otosclerosis, middle ear infections,   wax in your ear canal and TMJ), or auditory nerve (which carries signals from your inner ear to your brain like acoustic neuroma), and side-effects of medicines (aspirin, quinine, some antibiotics etc). Tinnitus can also be stress related. Please consult an ENT specialist.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!