Hit Lower Back of Head
Approximately one month ago, I accidentally slammed the lower left part of the back of my head, just above my neck.  I sat down on the couch too far back and too quickly, and slammed it on the wooden window sill.  I did not lose consciousness.  I did feel a pounding sensation in my ear on that left side, and pain in the area I hit.  The skin did not break.  I had moderate pain in that area for   about a week and half to two weeks.  After that I didn't notice the pain anymore.  I haven't had any recent trauma to that area, yet I noticed last night before bed that the same area is again tender to the touch and has a dull pain in it.  It has only been one month, so I was wondering if this will just take more time to go away on its own, or if its something I should have checked out.  Thank you so much.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Even if you do not have any other symptoms, it would be wise to get this examined by the doctor as the area at the back of the head is very sensitive. Take care!