Aa
A
A
Close
Hit head 3 weeks ago and it's starting to hurt again
On September 3rd (Labor Day), I hit the back of my head pretty hard. I didn't think much of it, as I don't believe it was hard enough to do any real harm... but it just continue to hurt throughout the day, as well as the next day. I ended up going to a doctor the next day at an After Hours Clinic and he told me I should be fine and to just take ibuprofen. It continued to hurt and I ended up going to another doctor, who told me I probably just got a contusion and gave me a prescription for my pain. I would get sharp shooting pain where I hit my head. I also had trouble sleeping for a while. My head hurt where I hit it for a good week and a half, but it finally went away and I started to relax, thinking everything was going back to normal...

Well, the past couple days, my head started hurting again in the area where I hit it. My neck also hurts, straight down from where I hit my head. And also, the area where I hit my head has been tingling... When it does this, it doesn't really hurt; it just tingles. I've had no CAT scans or MRI's as both doctors I saw didn't think it was a big deal since I didn't pass out, was not confused, or anything like that. I just had pain where I hit it. Should I go back to the doctor and request scans or tests? And what could this tingling sensation be? Thanks!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
351246 tn?1379685732
Hi!
There is a chance of jarring of spinal nerves and muscles in the cervical region due to the impact of the hit. It could also be a compression of the nerves. Yes, it is important to get a MRI of the head and neck region to rule this out. Alternatively, a neurological examination can also diagnose this to a great extent. The other possibility is that you are suffering from concussion. Please get this investigated. Take care!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community Resources