Hit head 3 weeks ago and it's starting to hurt again
On September 3rd (Labor Day), I hit the back of my head pretty hard. I didn't think much of it, as I don't believe it was hard enough to do any real harm... but it just continue to hurt throughout the day, as well as the next day. I ended up going to a doctor the next day at an After Hours Clinic and he told me I should be fine and to just take ibuprofen. It continued to hurt and I ended up going to another doctor, who told me I probably just got a contusion and gave me a prescription for my pain. I would get sharp shooting pain where I hit my head. I also had trouble sleeping for a while. My head hurt where I hit it for a good week and a half, but it finally went away and I started to relax, thinking everything was going back to normal...

Well, the past couple days, my head started hurting again in the area where I hit it. My neck also hurts, straight down from where I hit my head. And also, the area where I hit my head has been tingling... When it does this, it doesn't really hurt; it just tingles. I've had no CAT scans or MRI's as both doctors I saw didn't think it was a big deal since I didn't pass out, was not confused, or anything like that. I just had pain where I hit it. Should I go back to the doctor and request scans or tests? And what could this tingling sensation be? Thanks!
Hi!
There is a chance of jarring of spinal nerves and muscles in the cervical region due to the impact of the hit. It could also be a compression of the nerves. Yes, it is important to get a MRI of the head and neck region to rule this out. Alternatively, a neurological examination can also diagnose this to a great extent. The other possibility is that you are suffering from concussion. Please get this investigated. Take care!