Hit my head backside and feel drowsy and
2 days i fell off in my bathroom after slipping on the marble and hit the doorside marble hard on the back of my head. There was a thin line of bruise and little bit of scratch of blood. Got a bump and immediately my mom applied ice on it for 15-20 minutes. Saw a doctor the same day he examined and gave some medicines and a tetanus injection. Today the bump is not there much but i feel constant ringing in my ears and feel drowsiness after lunch. I also noticed sometimes i feel at loss of words while speaking. Also while sleeping i notice my heart beats become faster as i go to sleep. Am very stressed out. Is it a cause for concern or i need to see a doctor? Please suggest what kind of doc i need to see for this.
Hi!
I can understand your apprehensions. It is natural to feel drowsy after lunch. Also, the lump will go away with time. You need to continue to apply ice pack. If you have injured your brain then there are certain symptoms that are indicative of concussion and head injury. These are: nausea, vomiting, excess sleep, severe headache, difficulty in walking and balance, tremors, seizures, vision problems, ringing in ears etc. If you have these symptoms then consult a neurologist immediately. The increased heart ate could be due to stress. In this situation it would be best to consult your family doctor for a preliminary neurological examination followed by a referral to a neurologist if need be. Take care!