Hit temple-Should I be concerned?
Last night I hit my right temple while I was out at a nightclub, my friend and I both bent down at the same time and hit heads on the way up. She hit my temple area, closer to my eye. It was quite sore for a while, but not to the point where I had to sit down or anything like that, it was just sore for the night, it's been about 20 hours or so since it happened. I woke up this morning with minor swelling around my eyelid and slight bruising, i also have headaches which go away when i take panadol. I don't feel that bad or anything, kind of my usual hangover feeling. I am concerned, i'm a huge hyprocondriact! Should I head to the doctors in the morning? Could there be anything serious? Thank you
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
You will probably develop a black eye and this may take some days to heal. Apply ice pack, this will help reduce the swelling and bruising. Apart from this watch out for nausea, vomiting, excess sleep, severe headache, difficulty in walking and balance, tremors, seizures, vision problems, and ringing in ears. These symptoms develop if there is a brain injury or bleed. However in your case since you probably have a superficial injury, it is unlikely you will develop any of these symptoms. Take care!