Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Hit temple of my head

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Hit temple of my head

I hit the temple of my head with the corner of the car door very hard almost 2 weeks ago. The area is very tender to the touch and I have had a terrible headache since. Is this anything to be concerned about?
Thank you,
Debbie
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi Debbie,

How are you?  Headaches are a common observed effect of  any trauma to the head. Over-the-counter pain medications may help provide relief. However if it persists and other symptoms arise ( such as vomiting, blurred vision, or lack of coordination), have this evaluated further for proper evaluation.  This link may be helpful: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000028.htm

Take care and do keep us posted.
i im 12   and i was boxing with my 16 year old brother we wont doing it hard but we were doing it in the head i swung myself into his punch as he was throwing it at me i collided it got me in the temple i fell and it kannes rite now i gotta headach it happened about 30 min ago im scarred it opened tht atery near your temple it mite be internal bleeding help please