Hit the back of my head twice in one week
Im a 25 year old physically fit female. I hit the back of my head on concrete last week (last Wednesday) and developed a giant goose egg on the left backside of my head. I had a horrible headache for two days and had difficulty sleeping due to the pain of laying my bump on the pillow. Other than that, I didn't really have any other symptoms and the tenderness of my bump was starting to subside. Last night during a soccer game I fell backward and landed on the back of my head. It hurt so bad I thought I was going to throw up but I did not. I was dizzy and a bit disoriented but did not lose consciousness. I felt nauseous for the rest of the night but did not throw up. I had difficulty sleeping last night. I felt drowsy but couldn't seem to stay asleep. Today I have a horrible headache and feel very disoriented and sort of "slow" with my thoughts. My head also feels like its almost heavy. I felt so crummy I called into work. I've been taking ibuprofen but still have a headache. Nauseousness is gone and as I mentioned, never vomited. I still feel so bad, I'm thinking ill have to call into work again tomorrow. Should I go to the doctor? I've had mild concussions before during college soccer and the athletic trainers always just said rest was really the only way to treat a concussion. Would appreciate any help or advice. Thank you very much.
I am not a doctor but I would go...nausea, severe pain, confusion..in tandem or all together after bumps as bad as yours should be looked at..make sure please!
Blessings