Hypoplastic A1 segment- circle of willis
I understand that a Hypoplastic A1 segment is congenital.
With the stroke I had , which they think a small clot came through my PFO (heart). Which is now closed...
With the plavix and aspirin which will stop any blood from clotting in the future . Does this mean that the A1 segment is still blocked or since it is congenital malformed . Will I need to take plavix and aspirin for the rest of my life.

Aspirin and plavix are both antiaggregants and thus inhibit clotting.Hence they reduce the chances of recurrent strokes or impending stroke.

Although you have had surgery for PFO, but you are having hypoplastic A1 segment which is generally congenital. If the blood clot or thrombus is still there then stopping these drugs may lead to recurrent stroke and blood clots may be due to many other causes other than PFO.

Yet sometimes treating a stroke means treating the heart. So pls get a CT brain or MRI brain done to see whether the thrombus is still there or not. You also need to get various blood tests like PTI, APTT, INR, Platelet count etc done to get the coagulation profile checked.

Pls check with a neurologist/hematologist as the clear cut picture will be obtained only then.

Take care and regards.
thank you for that..
hi,cogs from the UK here? i would suggest that you get a blood test done every three months just to check your blood levels to make sure that all of your medications are working properly & that your liver functions are OK yours, cogs?.
Hi,I am a 46 yr old former female boxer just retired from boxing due to a traumatic brain injury.I am puzzled! My MRI read hypoplastic A1 segment of the right  anterior,cerebral artery is present whatever that means.My circle of willis is unremarkable at one time,but curious of the cerebral gray.
I was diagnois of an organic brain disorder secondary to "Dementia Pugilistica" Is this possible?I have Boxed for 12 yrs and just now hanging my gloves up.I am looking for more answers.Thank you.
i had 2 tia this past year  1 week apart. They kept me in the hospital and during this time they ran a series of test. The first was tee, which showed a very small hole. They also did blood work for clotting and 2 came back positive for risk of stroke,factor 2 and mthfr gene mutation. After reviewing my scans they decided to order mra about 8 months later, This shows developmental a1 segment of right ica hypoplastic, narrowing of precavernous ica in both intracranial vasculature and neck  . What does all of this mean noone tells you anything . The problem with all of this is that im not feeling well thats why i wnt back to the drs i keep losing my balance, words are coming out wrong, i fell a few times and my eyes are looking at people as if im in a fog and they are blurry. I do take coumadin  everyday and still cant  get that regulated my inrs are off every week
Hello
My husband is experiencing the same symptoms
and your right the hospital does not explain much. He is now awaiting hospital reports for his primary Dr. Can you please share what your diagnosis  and treatment was? How are you feeling now?