Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Is it possible for a person to awaken from PVS with no brain activity?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

My boyfriend is in a Persistent Vegetative State, after they found him in cardiac arrest. He is diabetic and his blood sugar was 20 when Paramedics found him.  It has been a month and a half now and he is still unresponsive and on a feeding tube.  Is there still a chance that he will awaken?  I was told that there is no brain activity, I'm not sure if that is true.  He was moving around and opening his eyes, now I was told he just lays there.  I have only been able to see him once and my heart is breaking right now.  The family will not allow me to see him and completely disregards my feelings.  In fact, they are disregarding his feelings as well because we love each other, regardless of whether or not they approve.  Does anyone have any information that might be helpful for me?  I am praying right now for a miracle.

Thank you for your comments
My daughter is in the same situation, I found her unresponsive sept 1 2013 and she was in a coma and is still in a pvs. She is 31 years old and has been a diabetic since age 9. She opens her eyes and looks around, moves her feet and legs, and her head but doesnt move her hands and arms and requires total care. She is on a feeding tube. I still have faith that God will bring her out of this state and back to me in his own time. He has brought her a long way in 7 months and she is continuing to improve slowly. Just keep faith and pray hard, God Bless and Good Luck with a bad situation.