Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Left ear pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Left ear pain

For several months I have had a strange sensation behind my left ear. This very mild pain or sensation is intermittent, comes and go's during the day. It's almost like the pain of plucking a hair and it doesn't usually last long. Some days no pain, but other days it is more prevalent. It is more of an annoyance, but has me concerned that it may be a signal of another problem. I have also had some other strange head sensations over the last several months. My Health is generally good. I have a history of a slighly low white blood cell count that my doctor doesn't seem to feel concerned. The range over the last year has been from 3600 to 5300. Any ideas Thank You

Thanks for your Reply!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
There are many causes of ear pain. These include: impacted wax, swimmer’s ear, middle ear infection, fungal infection of outer canal, boil in outer canal, pinched nerve, benign intracranial hypertension, blocked Eustachian tube as seen in cold and sinusitis etc. TMJ, sore throat and tooth ache can cause referred pain to ear. It is difficult to diagnose on net. Please consult an ENT specialist.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Thank you for your comments,  I really appreciate your thoughts.  The pain is actually behind the top of my left ear, kinda right on the bone behind the top left ear.  I very mild sensation that comes and go's.  Also developed a small pea sized bump behind the top left ear on the bone within the last week.  The bump is not painful and seems like a pimple, but is kinda hard.  Sometimes a similar sensasion behind my right ear, but primarily behind my top left ear.  Otherwise I feel fine and my health seems to be in good order.  Thanks you for any thoughts.  
While all of Dr. Nee's comments should still be considered, it may also be a sebaceous cyst.
I don't recommend self lancing, as risk of infection is too high, plus other factors.
It's best to have it evaluated for removal or other method of treatment. (of course, to also determine what it actually is)
Thank you very much!  It appears to be a cyst and I shall have it evaluated by a doctor if it doesn't improve within a few weeks.    Thank you