Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Massive headache...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Massive headache...

I got into a car accident on Friday evening. Right after getting rear ended I suffered an over powering, horrible headache. I didn't lose consciousness at all, but I was completely confused and lost on what to do for about 2 minutes. All I could do was hold my head. About 3 hours after the accident i got another headache that has lasted ever since. It feels more like a migraine but I am able to function. I have suffered from headaches for a while. They started to calm down about 6 months ago, until now. Does this sound normal? I just don't know what to do and I'm sick of being in pain.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Since you were in a car accident, it is important to consult a doctor immediately. Severe headaches after car crash can be due to traumatic brain injury, a bleed in the brain or due to whiplash injury of the neck. An urgent MRI of brain and upper spine should be done. Please do not neglect it. Also get your blood pressure checked. I suggest you go to the ER. Take care!

As drnee stated you need to go to an emergency room immediately for an evaluation.