Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Multiple Concussions?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Multiple Concussions?

Hi Im 16 years old and I have had 8 3rd degree concussion (4 in one year last year) and too many to count first and second (i dont count them) I have never been to the hospital or doctor for any of them, my parents dont take it seriously and neither did i, untill my friends started getting concerned. I have big problems in school with concentration sitting still being able to listen to a teacher also i dont grasp info that well also my speech has gone down i tend to stutter or sometimes cant say what i want to i drive myself crazy ( ex im telling a story and ill randomly stop and dont know what im talking about or just cant say it) also i have memory problems and i tend to drop things or be really clumsy like tripping over stuff or falling down stairs, as well as my whole family has 20/20 vision but i recently had to get glasses even though i barely watch TV or do anything that would make my vision worse, i also never stop moving im always figeting, and that is a big reason why i dont sleep im also usually never tired, on a good night ill get 5 hours of sleep (asleep at 3 wake up at 8 this is a good night). the biggest problem for me is school becuase im failing (just got the call today for my teacher that i failed math) and all my parents tell me is that im a lazy **** and im not trying, but i am its just so hard. in grade 9 i was doing okay in school (4 concussion during that time in the past) and then i hit grade 10 and my head really hard( 4 big concussion , plus others that i just dont count) and my marks got worse and so did my parents. i dont know if the head injuries have anythiing to do with it or im just dumb. i also get a lot of headaches atleast 3 times a week for a few hours, and i tend to zone out alot, an have really dumb ideas that lead to injuries or me getting into trouble. I also have non stop buzzing or ringing in my ear ive had it for a while i have other problems aswell but ya.  if some could please give me advice on how to succeed in school with this, or how to talk to my parents becuase lets just say they arents taht supportive or basically give a **** even my teacher get worried about me (ex. snowboard: told my mom wanted a helmet she said no, when to snow park was doing  jumps, when off one wrong, knocked myself out completely didnt know were i was, called my mom she is like wat do you want me to do about it, so i kept snowbaording that day) but ya i just want to know what i can do, if someone could please give me adive i would really appreciate it. Do my head injureis have anything do with the mentioned above, or its just me thank you
sorry that’s its so long

Go to a doctor!  My son also a skateboarder suffered a severe head trauma and experiences those same symptoms today.  You want an MRI, CT Scan - don't wait.
I hope you wear a helmet!