Aa
A
A
Close
My sense of smell and taste is completely distorted!
About 12 weeks ago i slipped and fell and hit my head on a tiled floor, when i woke up in the morning i had no recollection of what happened that evening.  My pillow had blood on it, so i had obviously split the back of my head and within a few hours of waking i had 2 black eyes.  I didnt have a concussion, i think, because i didnt feel ill, however now, my sense of smell and taste and completely distorted.  I dont seem to have lost it completely, i can still taste salty, sweet, bitter however, anything with a strong aroma smells, well i'm not sure, like plastic  and when i eat red meat, chicken, pork or toasted foods tastes like plastic.  I've not had a scan yet to make sure i dont have a bleed, however its really starting to get me down because i'm struggling to eat anything, i just know its going to taste bad.  I'm wondering if this will ever come back... any comments would be greatly appreciated, K
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
871639 tn?1360287513
It sounds like you should have gone to the Doc when this first happened.

I recommend going to a Neurologist now because there really is no way of knowing without diagnostic tests.

Should not mess around with head injuries.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community Resources
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank