My symptoms after head injury
I am 23 year old female, around 5:30am yesterday morning I slammed my head in to a jagged pillar after tripping. I fell instantly and lost consiousness for less than a split second, no blood and it didn't actually crack my head open, amazingly. I went up, and laid down in the hotel room, with my mom watching me, my heart had a paulputation, when I first laid down, well now not even 24hrs later I still have a major headache after taking tylonal, but my new symptoms are upset stomach, back and chest pain, shortness of breath, pain in my neck, and and my ear hurts really bad when I take drinks. what is wrong? My head has a huge lump but right below the lump, where the pillar actually hit is indented.
Hi!
You should look out for signs of head injury nausea, vomiting, excess sleep, severe headache, difficulty in walking and balance, tremors, seizures, vision problems, ringing in ears etc. Since you have some of them, please get this investigated immediately.
On the other hand, the indent and swelling could be due to localized bleed inside the scalp. Headaches, back and neck pain are also expected due to the impact. Upset stomach could be due to pain medications. Ear pain on swallowing could be due to injury to temporomandibular joint.
However, nothing can be said for sure unless you have seen a doctor. Take care!