Neck Injury and dizziness
I recently had spinal surgery, I had dislocated my C5 and C6 as a result of a diving accident.  A plate with 2 rods and 4 pins was fused in the surgery. I was 3 months with a neck brace and underwent some physio therapy, mostly various exercise. I had pain in both arms and was limited in my arm movement. Most of that has returned although I still experience a lot of pain in my right arm when stretching or reaching and some numbness on occasion. I continued to have some discomfort in the neck but am experiencing increased pain lately in the nape of my neck and upper shoulders and a lot of dizziness/lightheadedness.
Could this be related to the injury? I am considering contacting my surgeon for perhaps another x-ray as he indicated that the pins can sometimes move...come out.

Thank you.
Hi!
The symptoms could be related to injury and likely to be due to a pinched cervical spinal nerve. This may also be due to the pressure of plates and screws on the cervical spinal nerves. So, more than an X-ray maybe a MRI of the cervical spine will be more useful. Please consult your surgeon regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.