Neck and Shoulder Pain
Six months ago, I strained my muscle between my neck and shoulder, after running. Sometimes, the pain started at the base of the skull and at times my shoulder. I went to the  doctor and took a xray that did not show a dislocated or herinated disc. I went on vacation and did not run but swim. I was free of pain. I have started back to running and thepain is back. What could be wrong?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Either it is a muscle injury or it may be a pinched nerve. X-rays are often inconclusive in diagnosing vertebral pathologies. Hence a MRI of the cervical spine should be done.  The pain could also be related to posture. Discuss with your doctor. Take care!
What is a picnhed nerve? The pain is not constant and I do not have numbness, tingling or muscle weakness. It is more like a ache not a constant pain. What could I discuss with my doctor?