Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Pain

had  a major head injury a few week ago. a skull fracture. a subdural hematoma and traumatic cerebral paranchymal hemorrhage. spent a week in the hospital. the other day my left elbow and the back of my left knee started to hurt and is getting worse everyday. What is the reasoning?
Hi!
The left elbow and knee could be hurting because of the injury you were involved in. The knee and elbow injury may not have been noticeable in the face of the head injury. It could also be reactive arthritis due to the trauma or a flare of rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis. Please show this to your doctor for further evaluation and treatment. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
just out of curiosity, how is your head? pain still there? the previous comment makes sense to me, or maybe the pain is due to some weird brain reaction. I thought of that since it's all on the same side. Have you asked your Doc?