Parkinson's

A year ago I was walking when a car struck me and knocked me out. I was in the hospital for two weeks. Notiong was broken, but I did receive two contusions from the accident.
My question is I read people with head injuries are more at a risk for Parkinson's disease. Is this true? Is there anything I can do to help prevent against the risk?

Parkinson's disease is not well understood. There appears to be a link to certain solvent exposures, but I have not seen any documentation of connection with head injury. That does not mean that neurological problems cannot develop decades after a head injury - but this is not Parkinson's. The brain is resilient and the mere fact you lost conscious from a head injury (as I have in the distant past) does not mean you will have lifelong problems. I wouldn't worry too much. There is no known way to prevent the onset of Parkinson's disease.
Thank you very much for you input. I read people with head injuries are 8 times more likely to get Parkinson's. That worried me, but as you said there isn't much I can do besides working out and (what they say) drink a lot of coffee!