Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Please Help, lightheaded and shaky

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Please Help, lightheaded and shaky

Hello. I'm Logan. 19 years old and male about 165 pounds. Two thursdays ago, out of nowhere while I was standing I just fainted and fell over. It was terrifying and I took a blow to the back of my head of which I have two staples in now. On the way to the hospital I was shaking uncontrollably and extremely dizzy. They took many tests including a cat scan, an ultrasound of my heart. They hooked me up to a monitor and also checked my thyroid and everything else. It all turned up fine. My heart rate was slow (40), but that was because I am young and usually run everyday for about 4 miles. Then when I returned home I was fine. A few days ago I went for a two mile walk before bed. That night I woke up shaking uncontrollably and felt very lightheaded and scared. I went to the hospital and they admitted me. My hands were tightened up like a claw and I was feeling very numb. Eventually I felt better and they put me on a heart monitor over night. Everything was fine (my blood pressure, pulse, thyroid and all). The next day I was feeling good even walking around my hospital room. Then it was time to go home and I started to feel weird. I could barely walk to the car and make it home. Once I got home I went straight up to my bed and laid there ALL DAY. I felt too shaky and fatigued to move. Then it was night time and I really wasn't feeling good so my Grandma rushed over with her blood sugar tester. Turns out it went down to 26 (highly dangerous). So I quickly ate a bunch of sugar and stuff, got my level up to 100 and felt a little better. The next day I then was weak and lied down the whole day but felt a little better. That night though I woke up shaking a little in my sleep, but then I fell back asleep again. Then yesterday I felt the same. A little weak with minor symptoms but a little better and then that night i slept without shaking at all. However today I felt okay, but a little strange and then at about 3 I stood up and couldn't hear from my right ear for a second and a long beep sound followed that and I could hear again. Soon after that though I felt shaky and weak and about to lose control again so I lied down right away. (keep in mind I've been pretty much not moving at all for days). I took my blood pressure, pulse, and blood sugar and all of that is normal. I'm feeling okay... now, but not completely. I feel like if I stand up for too long my heart will beat harder and I'll feel dizzy and weak. Doctors don't know what's going on... any ideas? I'm really scared. (i quit smoking a month ago and I used to abuse adderall (adderrall) about two years ago but haven't done anything since). I'm drug free smoke free, all my tests are fine and this is still happening to me. I'm hydrated too. What could be wrong? I was thinking maybe an inner ear infection? (my inner right ear itches sometimes, the one i lost hearing in today). Also a spot on my penis itches a lot sometimes and my anus but it's been there forever and not veyr serious. I itch it and it feels really could. These could all be disconnected but i'm just trying to list everything. Help please. I will answer all your questions.
HELLO, SORRY TO HEAR YOU ARE HAVING THESE HEALTH ISSUES.IT IS HARD TO SAY FOR SURE BUT, THAT'S WHY THERE ARE SITES LIKE THIS, WHERE OTHERS CAN GIVE SUGGESTIONS. I AM THINKING THERE IS GOOD CAUSE TO SUSPECT YOUR BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS MAY BE OFF. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN RUNNING? WERE ANY OF YOUR DIZZY/SHAKEY SPELLS AFTER YOU HAD RAN THAT DAY? IT MAY BE A GOOD IDEA FOR YOU TO GET TESTED FOR DIABETES (IF YOU HAVEN'T) ALSO A FIGER PRICK TEST ONLY SAYS WHAT YOUR LEVELS ARE RIGHT THEN, SO MAKE SURE THEY DO AN "A1C" TEST, IT WILL SHOW A MUCH MORE RELIABLE TEST OF HOW YOUR LEVELS HAVE BEEN. I HOPE THIS HELPS GIVE YOU AN IDEA. LET US KNOW HOW THINGS ARE GOING FOR YOU, P.S. IT IS VERY DANGEROUS TO HAVE YOUR SUGARS DIP THAT LOW (26) WHATEVER THE CAUSE WAS, MAKE SURE TO CARRY A QUICK SWEET SNACK ON YOU WHEN GOING OUT (ESPECIALLY WHEN EXCERSIZING) BEST OF LUCK.
Hi there Doodles. Thanks for your response. I was tested for diabetes at the hospital and it was a no. However I've been pricking my finger with my Grandma's monitor and it's all been okay since. And yes, after I just went for a walk before bed on the treadmill for a half hour (barely sweated) I had symptoms. Except now I'm like in a perpetual state of symptoms that ebb and flow. It's not like sudden attacks anymore. I feel lowsy. I also do carry snacks with me. :(