Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Possible concussion?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Possible concussion?

Friday morning, I was getting ready to take a shower. Due to my clumsy nature, I ran into the door frame on the left side (my left) of my head. It hurt for a few seconds, but afterward, I was fine and jumped into the shower. I didn't pass out, I wasn't dizzy, no nausea, etc. I've looked up symptoms of concussions quite a few times as I am a big worrier, and the only one I'm really experiencing is a headache, although it isn't severe. I have had the headache ever since Friday morning, though.

Since I worry so much, I was hoping I could get some opinions on whether it's possible I have a concussion or any other type of injury. It wasn't even that hard of a bump; I don't have a bruise, or a knot, either. But, my constant headache is just worrying me.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
703821_tn?1231725695
When you say you "RAN into the door frame", it sounds to me like you might have whacked yourself pretty hard, even if there are no outward signs. Your post is Sunday afternoon, that's two days later.  Have you taken anything to relieve the headache? Worrying/Anxiety creates stress and plays tricks on the blood vessels,nerves in the brain, alone this can create and magnify your headache. I would take some headache relief medication and if it doesn't subside, go and see a doctor and be specific as to the time of the accident and your condition. Take caution and take care.

Daniel
Blank
Well, I didn't actually "run" into the door frame. It was more of a walking toward the mirror and forgot the door frame was there. I'm pretty sure I hit it at a normal walking speed.

I have taken some Tylenol which does seem to help a little. I honestly am starting to think that me stressing about it is making the headache much worse than it needs to be.

Thanks, I appreciate your answer.
Blank
703821_tn?1231725695
Try hot tub or bath and see if you get more relief. Be careful with Tylenol as it can wreak havoc on your stomach and digestive system. If it doesn't subside don't stay on a Tylenol diet, go see a doctor, OK.

Daniel
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank