Seeing colours, lines & shapes post concussion

My 9 year old fell while snowboarding, hit his head on ice, thankfully he was wearing a snowboarding helmet. He experienced no loss of consciousness, but some dizziness, was dazed, and had a headache. About  3 hrs. post fall he had some temporary visual disturbances, seeing what he described as red flames and seeing pink when the colour he was looking at was grey. This was the point I took him to emerg. and he was dx with a concussion.

His headache persisted for three days, on day 4 he had some visual disturbance, but no headache, we have him home, resting, no school, no sports. Is this type of visual disturbance a typical post concussion symptom ?
Hi!
It is normal to see flashes of light during the concussion period. However, flashes of light and color lights, stars and streaks of light can also be due to retinal detachment. This can be serious. So, please immediately get this investigated.
Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you so much, I took my son to an opthomologist and they check for that- he's ok.