Semi circle of flashing blue, yellow and green light
I have recently developed light flashes which
can be seen with my left eye.  I have hypothyroidism but it is stable; I have had it for twenty years.
More recently I developed high blood pressure
and have just started using caduet and preterax.
Within two months. my blood pressure went from
160 to 130.
I have had my eyes checked and my vision is normal. I am 61 and I am a female Canadian in Saudi Arabia.
My cholesterol is normal. What could be causing the flashing?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Generally flashes, streaks of lights and star bursts are due to floating vitreous and less commonly due to aura of migraine and or retinal detachment (this must have been ruled out by retina specialists). Nothing can usually be done for this (floating vitreous) and patient has to learn to live with it.  A migraine type called retinal migraine comes with these flashes only in absence of any noticeable headache. You could be having this and this can persist for hours together every day. Discuss with a migraine specialist and an eye specialist. Simply checking the power of the eye will not help. Take care!