Shaking in hands
I am 18 years old and suffered a TBI when I was 5yrs old. I had to have a feeding tube and I had seizures until I was 12. When I talk or am at rest, my hands don't shake, but if I'm trying to eat, draw, write, or concentrate on using these extremities, they shake to the point I can hardly use them. When I was 16, I recieved a CAT scan and they found a mass in my brain. It is benign and has not grown, but is being monitored. I am not taking any medication at this time.

My question: Is there any type of medication I could take to decrease or get rid of this shaking so that I may one day work, dial a phone, learn to write, use a mouse, etc? I know there are therapies out there for Parkinson's Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, and Cerebral Palsy. Is there something that could work for me, without knocking me out all day?

You seem to be having intention tremors i.e tremors of the hands and other body parts while doing some work.It is not present during rest. These tremors may result from damage to the cerebellum or its connections.

Intention tremors are difficult to treat, but if the condition affecting the cerebellum can be corrected, the tremor may resolve. If the condition cannot be corrected, a therapist may put wrist and ankle weights on the affected limb to reduce the tremor. Or people may be taught to brace the limb during activity. These measures sometimes help.

You can also go in for botox shots or electrode implantation in the brain.These options are not without side eefects and should be discussed in detail with your doctor.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.