Sinus infection/exertion headache
5 years ago I had a nasal polyp removed.  I know that can cause some issues with your sinuses after removal or they may come back, so I assumed the occasional congestion and "junk" in my throat was normal.  In the last few months, now that I look at it, it's gotten a bit worse.  It's to the point where I have to cough some of the "junk" up and spit it out because I notice the back of my throat burning.

Problem is I have a terrible gag reflex, and doing that generally means I gag until I can get it out of my throat.  Now to my problem, three weeks ago I gagged like usual and developed what I thought was an exertion or coughing headache, which I've had before from this or working out.  They usually went away in a few days.  This one is still here, and started off in a very particular spot, on my left frontal part of my head.

It only hurts when I bend over, sneeze, cough, or do anything with the valsalva maneuver.  If I ease into the action that produces the pain, it usually doesn't hurt.  I went to my doctor a few days ago and they thought I had a bad sinus infection and gave me some medication for the infection.  I've been taking it for about 4 days now and while I do notice some relief here and there, the pain still persists.  The doctor also told me I had a fever, but I was chewing mint gum at the time and always read that raises mouth temperatures.  I got home and retook my temp and it was normal.

Tonight it went from not hurting at all, to swapping sides and now hurts on the frontal right part of my head.  Is it normal for a sinus infection to cause pain to relocate like that or could this be something more serious?

Most likely possibility of your symptoms is sinusitis pain that originates after mucus block and infection of sinuses. That can be resolved after draining mucus from blocked sinuses. Since you are suffering from this pain from last six months, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away. Hope this helps. Take Care & Regards.