Smoking weed after head trauma, safe?
Okay, so I was recently in a pretty bad car accident almost a month ago. I was the only person hit but suffered a broken nose and a depressed skull fracture near my temporal lobe. I was in the hospital surgery room within an hour and was out of surgery in another three hours. It wasn't clear what the damage to my brain would be until I would have awoke from the anesthesia. To everyone's surprise I awoke a few hours later, fully aware and knew what had happened, although I didn't realize until a few minutes after that they had shaved my head and done major surgery.
So far, and to everyone's amazement I'm pretty much normal, the same as I was before the accident. I did have slight bleeding in the brain and had a monitor stuck in there, that was then removed the next day. The surgeon fixed my skull fracture and used two screws and everything. I knew where I was, who people were, and could even do some math. I left the hospital five days after the accident. A nurse told me not to drink or smoke for the next three months. My hair is actually growing in pretty well :)
I used to smoke cigarettes, marijuana and drink all before the accident. I haven't tried anything since. My aunt who is a nurse informed me if I were to have a cigarette I could possibly have a seizure. Now I've recently read about people with epilepsy being prescribed to marijuana, and how the cannibanoid receptors help decrease the chances of have a seizure. So my question is, would it be safe to smoke marijuana after the head trauma four weeks ago? Not necessarily in a large amount of course.
Please don't answer with "smoking weed is bad for you" or "you shouldn't be smoking weed anyways". I'm looking for advice :)
Hi.

There's no actual clinical trials or convincing studies regarding smoking marijuana and patients who had brain surgery.  For this reason, we might be dwelling into the unknown.  Marijuana may have vasodilating effects, and this might have an effect in the blood vessels of the brain which may cause problems (like another bleed from one injured blood vessel).

Again, there are not enough studies to recommend or disprove anything.  It would be best to abstain until your injury or trauma has fully healed and you can get a clearance from your neurosurgeon.

Regards.
I had a bad car accident and i was told that my neurons are moving at the speed of light with my TBI I find the weed helps in many ways aside from the normality of it i was wondering if the weed acted like a cushion for my neurons..??