Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Smoking weed after head trauma, safe?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Smoking weed after head trauma, safe?

Okay, so I was recently in a pretty bad car accident almost a month ago. I was the only person hit but suffered a broken nose and a depressed skull fracture near my temporal lobe. I was in the hospital surgery room within an hour and was out of surgery in another three hours. It wasn't clear what the damage to my brain would be until I would have awoke from the anesthesia. To everyone's surprise I awoke a few hours later, fully aware and knew what had happened, although I didn't realize until a few minutes after that they had shaved my head and done major surgery.
So far, and to everyone's amazement I'm pretty much normal, the same as I was before the accident. I did have slight bleeding in the brain and had a monitor stuck in there, that was then removed the next day. The surgeon fixed my skull fracture and used two screws and everything. I knew where I was, who people were, and could even do some math. I left the hospital five days after the accident. A nurse told me not to drink or smoke for the next three months. My hair is actually growing in pretty well :)
I used to smoke cigarettes, marijuana and drink all before the accident. I haven't tried anything since. My aunt who is a nurse informed me if I were to have a cigarette I could possibly have a seizure. Now I've recently read about people with epilepsy being prescribed to marijuana, and how the cannibanoid receptors help decrease the chances of have a seizure. So my question is, would it be safe to smoke marijuana after the head trauma four weeks ago? Not necessarily in a large amount of course.
Please don't answer with "smoking weed is bad for you" or "you shouldn't be smoking weed anyways". I'm looking for advice :)