Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Soft Spot on an adults head?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Soft Spot on an adults head?

I have a deep (no exaggeration) soft spot on my head and I'm not sure if thats natural for adults. I've had soft spot but over the past couple of years it has gotten deeper. I have had several headaches and at times my body aches. Can someone please tell me what that means and what I should do about this?
Hi!
If there is a pit, one possibility is that the surrounding area is raised or the soft spot pits on pressure. soft spot can be due to a localized collection of blood or due to contusion. It could also be a burst capillary due to high blood pressure. An abscess or localized collection of pus is another possibility. It can also be an aneurysm in one of the scalp arteries. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.