Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Strong head pulse

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Strong head pulse

In 22 years old male, I was wondering I have a strong head pulse in the back as I the last two months, I'm pretty active gym and sports I'd like to know if it should be of concern. I had a head brain ct scan  done and it was normal. I've just noticed it as of late sometimes it can cause a throbbing headache. Can anyone help?
Hi!
A strong pulse can be due to muscle pull, high blood pressure, deep vein thrombosis (diagnosed by dopplar of the pulsing blood vessel), carotid artery blocks (diagnosed by carotid angiograms), and temporal arteritis. You need to discuss these options with your doctor and get investigated for them. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thanks Dr! I checked my blood pressure upon the pulsing of the head and it was about 140/73 so it was high enough to really cause any symptoms...but ive had an echo cardiogram done it was normal, some blood tests, chest xray, ekg and a stress test all was normal..ive also had a Head/Brian Ct Scan with no contrast. What all can i rule out form those tests?
Go for a dopplar study to rule out deep vein thrombosis. An ESR should be done to see if it is temporal arteritis.