Tailbone Fall with Blurred Vision and Headache
please help. I am forty one years old, a woman, and took my son roller skating last night. I dont skate well. I fell very hard; full body weight of about a hundred and forty five pounds down on my tailbone or coccyx. Immediately the pain was intense on tailbone but more troubling was that I also got an instant very bad headache with blurred vision and prisms of colors in my periphrial vision. The blurred vision and headache got worse and eventually the vision problems were gone within a couple hours. The headache - I still have it today with the coccyx pain. Am I okay?
Hi!
Falling on your tailbone can result in a jarring force at the back of your head or at base of skull. Hence if you had vision problems for so long, and are having persisting headaches, it would be best to consult a doctor and get this evaluated. Also, you may need complete neurological examination, and MRI of brain, cervical and lumbo-scaral spine. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!