Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Temple pain please write back asap

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Temple pain please write back asap

Hello. Today around 12:30 pm I was in class and massaging my forehead and i slowly moved towards the temple on my left side and for some reason I started pushing hard on my temple with my fingers not with all my might but just pushing in with a decent amount of pressure and about 10 minutes after that it started getting sore. On a scale 1 to 10 it was only about 5 or 6 but never any worse and I continued to have this headache since 12:30 all the way until about 6 and then it stopped for a couple hours and then started back up at 9 pm around right now but not nearly as bad just a headache on my left side on the temple area no where else tho. Is this anything to be concerned about? Iv had no others symptoms of dizziness or dazed except for a little anxiety. Is it possible that its anything severe or alarming? Thanks!

-Allan
Hi Allan!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. Headaches and pain in temple area can be due migraine. Tension headaches due to stress too affect the temple area. Temporal arteritis, internal ear infection, sinusitis, TMJ and tooth decay can all cause a temple pain.
Since the pain started after giving pressure on the area, temporal arteritis, TMJ and sinusitis should be ruled out first.  Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.