Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Two weeks head pain, confusion, nausea, getting worse

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

I was hit in the temple about two weeks ago. I still have a very tender knot. I have been experiencing headaches, neck pain, jaw pain,  dizziness, nausea, chest pain, numbness and lots of confusion. The symptoms keep getting worse to the point that I am having difficulty recognizing words. I am also having ringing in my ears. I do not feel this way all the time...the only constant is the headache. But I will have ALL of the symptoms about two or three times a day. I am getting scared but didn't want to go the ER and just get sent home feeling like I overreacted. Any thoughts.  
Hi, Thank you for your question. These symptoms may resolve within few weeks to months if the injury is small. But after major head injury or impact such kind of symptoms may be common due to extent of damaged part of brain and may remain symptomatic or progress in future. Although any sure success cure can not be assured in such cases, but symptomatic relief or it may decrease with period of time, physiotherapy, avoiding any triggering factors and life style modification help you in certain extent. Please arrange an appointment with a neurologist who will evaluate the further prognosis here and can provide you an appropriate treatment. Hope this helps.

First of all, you have to go an an ER immediately, not "arrange an appointment with a neurologist" or consider physiotherapy..

Your symptoms are consistant with concusion, which should have recieved timely hospital evaluation and treatment.

More ominously, you could have a slow subdural bleed (hematoma). I am not stating this is a liklihood, but it is a real possibility.

The definitive test is an inexpensive MRA, which is needed as of yesterday.
Thank you all for your information. I went to the doctor today and was told I have a sudural hemotoma. I had a CAT scan, 4 regular x-rays and an MRI. I have a referral to see a neurologist tomorrow so he can decide how to treat it. I will update with how the neurologist decides to treat.
I have had pain in the back of my head for two weeks now.  I also have blured vision in my right eye, pain and ringing in my ears sometimes.  I often feel unsteady on my feet at times, and it feel like my head is in a vice.  I have not had any injury to my head of any kind.  I went to the doctor on 4-1 called  me on Monday with a Saturday apt for an MRI.  I really don't know if I can wait that long.